- A total of 7,70,395 electorates, which includes 3,94,897 female voters, would seal the fates of 209 candidates.
- Over the years Mizoram has witnesses a bipolar battle between the Congress part and the Mizo National front.
- Chief Minister Lal Thanhawla of Congress is a former insurgent-turned-mainstream politician.
- Bru people have been provided with transport facility to travel to Mizoram to vote.
- They will exercise their franchise at Kanhmun village along the Tripura-Mizoram border in Mamit district.
Mizoram, the last northeast bastion of Congress, votes today to elect a new government. The state is witnessing a healthy voter turnout with 50% votes recorded till 1:30 PM.
- Poll percentage at 1:30pm: 50%
- First time voters in Mizoram : 32545
- Three poll officials found drunk, removed from duty in Mizoram – PTI