Woman Found Murdered After 34 Days, Police Decipher Suicide Note Code

Ex-Lover Kills Woman, Thane Man Kills Ex Lover,

The woman's body was spotted lying in bushes in a dumping ground.

Share If You Like The Article

In a tragic incident in Kharghar, Navi Mumbai, a missing 19-year-old woman was discovered murdered after 34 days. Investigators revealed that she was allegedly killed by her former lover, who subsequently took his own life by jumping in front of a local train. The accused left behind a “code” in a suicide note, retrieved from his mobile phone, which, after deciphering, led the police to the woman’s body.

The preliminary investigation suggests that the accused, upset over the woman ending their relationship, strangled her to death in Kharghar hills. The woman had gone missing on December 12, failing to return home from college. A missing person case was registered at Kalamboli police station.

As the investigation progressed, the police received information about the suicide of Vaibhav Burungale, a Kalamboli resident, who jumped in front of a local train at Juinagar railway station on December 12. Acting on this information, a case was registered.

To further investigate the case, Navi Mumbai Police Commissioner Milind Bharambe established a special task force. A suicide note found in Burungale’s mobile phone indicated that he had murdered the woman and intended to take his own life. The note contained coded words like ‘L01-501,’ which the police successfully decoded. The code represented the number of a tree, marked by the Forest Department, where Burungale had disposed of the woman’s body.

Collaborating with voluntary rescuers, the Fire Brigade, Cidco, and the Forest Department, the police conducted an extensive search for the woman’s body in the Kharghar Hills area. Drones were also utilized in the search. The breakthrough occurred when the woman’s body was discovered in a dumping ground in the Owe camp area in Kharghar.

Identification of the body was based on the woman’s clothing, wristwatch, and ID card. The investigation is ongoing, and further details are awaited as authorities delve deeper into the case.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *